Customised Treasury Products
When you choose CIBC FirstCaribbean's Treasury Sales and Trading, you will have access to a team of dedicated professionals able to provide your business with market-leading treasury products.
We can help you identify and manage foreign exchange and interest rate risk using a full range of derivative products tailored to your specific need.
We offer a personalised approach to all interactions providing exceptional levels of customer service and provide a dedicated on-shore relationship contact and direct access to our Treasury Dealing Desk.
- FX Spot [
- Competitive Spot FX rates on most currency pairs, including all Caribbean local Currencies (i.e. BBD, TTD, JMD, BSD, XCD, KYD, ANG, GYD) and cross-rates
Clients have access to a dedicated professional team able to formulate and implement comprehensive risk-management strategies for:
- FX Forward [
- The forward foreign exchange contract allows you to "lock in" an exchange rate for a specific currency amount on a specified date in the future.
- You are committing to deliver a pre-agreed and fixed amount of one currency for another on a specified date in the future.
- FX Options [
- FX Options are innovative products to manage Foreign Exchange risk exposure.
- As an importer, if the value of the currency in which you trade increases, your import products will become correspondingly more expensive. Conversely, as an exporter you can find yourself at a disadvantage if currency rates fall.
- FX options are contracts that, for a fee, guarantee a worst-case exchange rate for the future purchase of one currency for another.
- If you purchase an FX option, you have no obligation to use the fixed exchange rate. Foreign exchange options thus protect you against unfavorable currency movements while allowing you to participate in favorable movements.
Interest Rate Derivatives
Managing interest rate risk is a key concern for all successful corporate and financial institutions. With our professional team and detailed understanding of the interest rate markets, CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank is able to help you to:
- Identify and manage risk exposures and risk management solutions
- Mitigate, and where possible negate, short-term risks and achieve long-term strategic value and stability
CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank offers a full range of interest rate derivative products tailored to your specific needs.
We offer the following Interest Rate Risk Management products:
- Interest Rate Swap
- Interest Rate Cap
- Interest Rate Collar
Contact us or call your Relationship Manager for more details.