1. Improves your cash flow
- Provides importers with faster access to the proceeds of their import transactions
- As an importer, once you are approved for Inventory in Transit financing, you can utilize your available credit under this facility at any time; CIBC does not require any advance notice
- Your inventory-in-transit facility credit margin is adjusted on a monthly basis based on the outstanding qualified Import Documentary Credits
3. Access to trade finance expertise
- Our trade finance experts provide you with structuring, mitigation and financing expertise and up-to-date country and trade risk guidance to support and expedite your trade transactions
Is it for you?
Inventory in Transit financing may be for you if you:
- Are a CIBC Commercial Banking client
- Have goods that are imported by sea and destined for Canada
- Have an excellent established relationship with your supplier
- Are looking for short-term inventory financing
The above is intended to be only a general description of this product and its features. Certain conditions, restrictions and exceptions may apply. CIBC reserves the right to change or discontinue this product or any of its features at any time. This product and its features shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable agreement governing its use. For more information, please contact our Trade Finance team.