Canada and U.S.: 1-800-465-2422
Select countries outside Canada and U.S.: international calling code of the country from which you're calling (e.g., 011),+ 888-872-2422 + 1
All other countries outside Canada and U.S.: 1-902-420-2422
Quick, convenient access to your accounts is as close as the nearest telephone. You can manage your finances at the office or while you're on the road. With self-service Telephone Banking, you can meet your banking needs in minutes. If you want immediate assistance, a Small Business/Personal Banking Representative is always available to help with your financial needs.
Automated services offered by Telephone Banking:
- Check up-to-the-minute balances, get a listing of the last 15 transactions on your accounts, search for specific transactions or hear your available balance
- Transfer money and set up post-dated transfers between your CIBC accounts, including CIBC credit cards1
- Pay your bills and arrange post-dated bill payments2 (CIBC has over 6,000 merchants eligible for payment)3
- Find out the balance on your CIBC credit cards, check the amount of credit available, check your recent transactions, plus get the date and amount of your last payment
- Place a stop payment on a cheque or change an existing order
Services offered by our Small Business/Personal Banking Representatives (press "0" after signing on):
- Purchase GICs and RRSPs or make additional contributions to existing RRSPs
- Apply for a mortgage or CIBC credit card
- Re-order cheques
- Request a general investigation
- Request a duplicate tax receipt for a non-personal GIC, CIBC Business Investment Growth Account™ or CIBC Business Operating Account
- Request a duplicate statement for a business account
- Obtain a copy of a transaction document including cheques, credit memos, debit memos, deposits, withdrawals and Electronic Fund Transfers
- Find out the balance on your CIBC Small Business Line of Credit, check the amount of credit available
- Specialist hours 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
New to Telephone Banking?
To use Telephone Banking, call 1-800-465-2422 in Canada and the U.S. or 1-888-872-2422 in select countries outside Canada and the U.S. To use this number, dial the international calling code of the country from which you're calling (e.g., 011), then the toll-free number, followed by 1. For example: 011-888-872-2422 + 1. From all other countries outside Canada and the U.S., call 902-420-2422. Have your Small Business Convenience Card (or CIBC VISA* card if that is your bank card) available when you call. The first time you call, a Small Business/Personal Banking Associate will help you choose your telephone banking password.
If you don't have a CIBC bank account but you wish to access services for your CIBC VISA* card, call 1-800-465-4653 in Canada and the U.S. or call collect at 514-861-4653 outside North America. Call these numbers to activate your account and to find out your:
- Outstanding balance and minimum payment due
- Payment due date
- Available credit
- Last payment date and amount
- Balance on last statement
CIBC Telephone Banking is secure
CIBC wants you to feel safe when using Telephone Banking, so we advise you to keep your password confidential so that you alone can access your account by phone. If you forget your password, a Small Business/Personal Banking Representative will help you select a new one. To ensure your security, Telephone Banking requires that you enter your Small Business Convenience Card number and confidential password every time you call. When you speak to our Small Business/Personal Banking Representative about your financial affairs, we will ask you questions that verify your identity.