Choose the best plan for you
Up to $2 million3 of travel coverage that you can rely on
Medical and Dental
- Provides coverage for eligible hospital and physician's bills, and expenses resulting from an accidental injury, or new sickness or disease
- Paramedical services such as from a chiropractor, chiropodist, or physiotherapist of up to $300 if required as a result of your emergency
- Dental treatment for up to $2,000 coverage as a result of a direct accidental blow to the mouth
- Ground ambulance charges of up to $3,000 coverage, return home by regular flight up to $25,000 or air ambulance to the nearest appropriate medical facility up to $250,000 in coverage
- Return home of up to $2,000 coverage for dependant children or travelling companion who are insured and travelling with you
- A round trip economy airfare by the most direct route for the transportation of a relative to your bedside if you are hospitalized due to a critical emergency
Convenience and Comfort
- Meals and accommodation expenses up to $150 per day to a total of $1,500 when your trip is delayed beyond the scheduled return date due to a medical emergency or death
- Coverage extension for up to 72 hours if your trip is delayed beyond your policy end date due to a medical emergency or other covered event
- Vehicle service expenses of up to $1,000, to return a rental vehicle or bring your vehicle home if you are unable due to a medical emergency
Affordable travel coverage that goes wherever you go
Spring Break - some sun and fun in Cancun
Any time you leave your province, make sure you're covered for unexpected medical emergencies.
With the Multi-Trip Annual Plan, coverage is valid for one year for all travels outside your province, including a weekend in Vegas and last-minute shopping sprees across the border.
Traveller profile: Student
Home province: Nova Scotia
Trip duration: 15 days
- Single trip cost: $39.60*
- Multi-trip cost: $64.00*
Family trip to the Maritimes
Whether by car, plane, or train, you're covered from the moment you leave your home province.
With the Multi-Trip Annual Plan, coverage for a family is valid for one year for all travels outside your province of residence.
Traveller profile: Family – parents with two children
Ages: 39, 37, 6, and 4
Home province: Ontario
Trip duration: 15 days
- Single trip cost: $96.19*
- Multi-trip cost: $155.00*
* Price quoted is a sample for illustration purposes only. Your actual cost will depend on your information. Price quoted does not include coverage for pre-existing medical conditions4 and applicable taxes. Premiums are subject to change without notice.
Ways to buy
Getting travel insurance may be the easiest part of your trip
The quickest and easiest way to get your travel insurance
Get your quote in minutes
When you need coverage for any of the following:
- Travellers of any age with pre-existing medical conditions4 or symptoms
- A traveller between the age of 55 and 74, who will be travelling for more than 22 days or a traveller 75 or older
To get a quote and buy, call a licensed insurance agent at 1-800-281-9109.
You may need to answer a few health-related questions or complete a written medical questionnaire and receive a written confirmation of coverage.
CIBC Banking Centre
Available to those who:
- Are under the age of 70 and travelling for 22 days or less
- Reside outside of Quebec5
Ten-day free look period
Emergency Medical Travel Plan has a ten-day review period prior to departing on your trip. If you are not satisfied with the benefits and would like to discuss refund options, please call 1-800-281-9109.
With CIBC, you're more than covered
Call the Travel Assistance Centre in the event of an emergency for help in your time of need.
- From Canada or the U.S., call 1-800-848-8454
- From all other locations, call collect 1-416-340-7124
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
During an emergency, whenever possible, our services include:
- A healthcare facility can be identified
- The medical facility can be notified of your arrival to minimize admission delays
- Medical Consultants can discuss with the local physician to determine the best care for you
- Emergency translation services provided in most major languages
- Escort and transportation home for your dependant children can be arranged
- Messages to your family can be made to inform them of your status
Terms and conditions
Coverage amounts shown are in Canadian dollars. CIBC Travel Insurance is underwritten by Co-operators Life Insurance Company and The Sovereign General Insurance Company. CIBC Travel Insurance is administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc.
CIBC Travel Insurance is subject to eligibility conditions, limitations and exclusions (including pre-existing medical condition exclusions), which are contained in the certificate of insurance you receive following enrollment. You can view a sample copy of the current Certificate of Insurance (Comprehensive Plan) (PDF, 415 KB) . You can also call 1-800-281-9109. This certificate will be voidable if you have failed to disclose or have misrepresented any material fact or circumstance affecting coverage under this certificate. Products and their features may change or may no longer be offered at any time. This is a general description only and does not constitute legal or insurance advice. In all cases, you should speak to an insurance advisor before acting.
For residents of Quebec, Co-operators Life Insurance Company and The Sovereign General Insurance Company are registered with l’Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF).