Export Documentary Credit
1. Reduces your payment risks
- Enables you to potentially receive faster payment under the Export Documentary Credit from your bank (provided that the documents are in order and are presented properly), thus improving cash flow
2. Improves your operational efficiency
- Our trade finance experts provide you with structuring, mitigation and financing expertise and up-to-date country and trade risk guidance to support and expedite your trade transactions
3. Gives you greater control over your trade activities
- An Export Documentary Credit assists importers and exporters in facilitating international trade where open account terms are not practical or preferred, especially when you are doing business in a new country
Is it for you?
An Export Documentary Credit may be for you if you:
- Engage in export transactions
- Want to minimize your risks in international trade
- Require greater control over shipping dates and receipt of documents for your imports
The above is intended to be only a general description of these products and their features. Certain conditions, restrictions and exceptions may apply. CIBC reserves the right to change or discontinue these products or any of their features at any time. These products and their features shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable agreement governing their use. For more information, please contact our Trade Finance team.