A division within CIBC Commercial Banking, the CIBC Leveraged Finance Group is a dedicated team of professionals focused on event based financing that typically relies on a company's cash flow or enterprise value rather than its tangible asset value.
With offices in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, CIBC Leveraged Finance operates under a mandate to provide national coverage for mid-market businesses in Canada that are either owned by private equity firms, or are undergoing an event that requires senior debt and/or mezzanine debt.
CIBC Leveraged Finance could be right for your company if:
- Your company is a mid-market business with a proven track record and attractive fundamentals like:
- Strong management team and committed stakeholders;
- A sustainable competitive advantage within your industry;
- Strong cash flow with good visibility to future revenues; and
- Revenues in excess of $10,000,000.
- Your company is considering purchasing an external business or group of assets.
- Your company is experiencing increased capital needs for organic growth such as building or adding capacity, capital improvements to the existing infrastructure, or funding for new business opportunities.
- Your company is considering raising financing for succession purposes, or for the existing management team or owners to monetize a portion of their holdings.
- Your company is owned by a Private Equity firm.
Why CIBC Leveraged Finance:
- Access to a small team of professionals with a national mandate and proven track record of success.
- A dedicated focus to mid-market leveraged lending in Canada.
- A seasoned relationship team that remains active with your company after the financing has closed.
Key Benefits of CIBC Leveraged Finance:
- A single source provider of mid-market senior debt, mezzanine debt, and loan syndication for both Private Equity Sponsors and Strategic purchasers of Canadian businesses.
- An ability to mirror the mezzanine loan and security documents off of the senior documents to reduce execution risk, professional fees, and timelines.
- Subsequent to financing, the same CIBC Leverage Finance Team continues to manage your ongoing banking relationship.
Recent Transactions (PDF, 200 KB)
Market Vice-President, Head of Leveraged Finance, National Accounts Western Canada
Sally Morris | Montreal