◊ Receive a $300 cash bonus when you open and maintain the qualifying products in the CIBC Business Banking Bundle.
1. Offer period
The offer period begins on May 13, 2021 and ends on August 13, 2021.
In order to be eligible to receive the reward, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold no CIBC Business Banking products as of May 13, 2021
- Apply for each of the following qualifying products during the offer period, and have them implemented by November 11:
- A Business Operating Account (as defined below); and
- A CIBC bizline® Visa* Card for Business, CIBC Corporate Classic Plus Visa* Card, CIBC Aventura® Visa* Card for Business, CIBC Aventura® Visa* Card for Business Plus, CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business Card or CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business Plus Card
- Keep all qualifying products in good standing for a minimum period of 90 days
3. Additional conditions that apply
- Eligible Businesses that meet all eligibility requirements will receive $300, which will be deposited into the Business Account opened in connection with this offer within 4 weeks of having satisfied the eligibility requirements.
- Only one reward per Eligible Business, regardless of the number of products opened/number of co-owners.
- Offer cannot be combined with the CIBC Incorporation Services offer.
4. General terms and conditions
- This cash bonus offer and these terms do not impact service fees or charges which may apply to the CIBC products. See the Business Account Service Fees brochure for applicable account fees.
- CIBC reserves the right to change, cancel, extend or withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
- CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, limit or revoke this offer in respect of any CIBC customer who it believes, in its sole discretion, is abusing or manipulating this offer.
- In order to receive the $300 cash bonus, the Business Operating Account opened in connection with the offer must be open and in good standing in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to the account.
- If the Business Operating Account is closed for any reason prior to the cash bonus amount being deposited, then standard account closure fees may apply, and you will not receive the cash bonus.
- All dollar amounts referred to herein are in Canadian dollars.
- You are responsible for any tax consequences arising out of the receipt of the cash bonus.
“Business Operating Account” means any of the following accounts: CIBC Everyday Business Operating Account®, CIBC Advanced Business Operating AccountTM or a CIBC Unlimited Business Operating Account®.
“Eligible Business” means a business registered in Canada, or a business operating in Canada by a person who is a permanent resident of Canada where such business does not have any existing business products or services (including without limitation a business account, business loan or line of credit or a business credit card) with CIBC as of May 12, 2021.
“you” or “your” means any Eligible Business
“we”, “us”, “our” and “CIBC” mean Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
1 Monthly fee applies even if there is no account activity. Other fees may apply to the operation of your account. To learn more, refer to pages 6 to 12 in Business Account Service Fees (PDF, 995 KB). Opens in a new window.
2 Self-service refers to cheques written as well as transactions performed through an ATM, Point of Sale terminal, ABM-Wallet Combo Depository Service, CIBC Telephone Banking Automated Service, CIBC Business Contact Centre Automated Service, CIBC Online Banking, SmartBanking® for Business (SmartBanking), CMO, CIBC eDeposit for cash, or CIBC eDeposit for cheques.
3 Full-service refers to transactions performed in a CIBC Banking Centre, through a CIBC Telephone Banking representative, through a CIBC Business Contact Centre representative, or through the regular Wallet Depository Service.
4 Full-service access fee applies if any full-service transactions are performed in a month.
5 “Minimum balance” condition is met when the required minimum daily balance is maintained in your Business Operating Account at the end of each calendar day in the billing month. If you maintained the minimum daily balance, your statement will reflect the monthly account fee as a charge and a rebate.
6 Transactions include any debits and credits to your account (excluding CIBC interest credits and fee debits). Debits include, without limitation, withdrawals, cheques, pre-authorized payments, bill payments, Interac Direct Payments, Interac e-Transfer payments, direct deposits and transfers to other accounts. Credits include, without limitation, deposits, pre-authorized payments, bill payments, Interac Direct Payments, Interac e-Transfer payments, and direct deposits and transfers from other accounts (except transfers from CIBC business accounts). Additional charges may apply including, without limitation, Interac e-Transfer, “Items Deposited” and “Currency Supplied” fees where applicable.
If you perform fewer than the allowed number of transactions in a month, the unused transactions cannot be carried forward to subsequent months.
7 Available through CIBC Online Banking. You will need the recipient’s email address to complete the transaction. Only a primary signing authority of a CIBC business account can use Interac e-Transfer. Interac e-Transfer isn’t available to clients who were issued Convenience Cards prior to 2003. Standard Interac e-Transfer fees apply for transactions that exceed any quantities included in your account package.
8 Cheque deposits include cheques, money orders, drafts and all other clearing items. “Items Deposited” charges apply to deposits in excess of the deposit package. To learn more, refer to page 7 in Business Account Service Fees (PDF, 995 KB) Opens in a new window..
9 Annual interest rate and credit limit is based on your personal credit bureau and other information at the time your application is processed. The minimum credit limit is $5,000 and the maximum credit limit is $50,000. Annual interest rate will range between CIBC Prime Rate + 1.5% and CIBC Prime Rate + 13.0%. The card’s annual interest rate is variable, meaning that it may change when CIBC’s Prime Rate changes. You can find out what CIBC Prime Rate is by calling CIBC toll-free at 1-866-525-8622 Opens your phone app..
10 No monthly channel fee applies for access to account information and some basic Cash Management Services. Additional fees apply for transactions performed, integration with 3rd party services, as well as access to additional Cash Management Services. Refer to the CIBC SmartBanking for Business Price List for details.
11 CIBC foreign exchange rates apply. A CIBC Global Money Transfer and a Foreign Exchange transaction counts towards your allowable transaction limit; bank account transaction fees may apply. Must have a CIBC Business Operating Account or U.S. Current Account to send a CIBC Global Money Transfer. Most transfers are completed by the next business day; some transfers require 2 to 3 business days.
Read the CIBC Global Money Transfer Agreement (PDF, 200 KB) Opens in a new window..