CIBC Miracle Day United States
Miracle Day, December 3, 2014 New York City
This year, CIBC is celebrating the 30th Anniversary of CIBC Miracle Day, and we want to make it our best year yet.
A proud tradition since 1984, CIBC Miracle Day has distributed over $131 million in funding for vital programs and enrichment opportunities for kids across the U.S. Once again, U.S. Capital Markets will be donating its fees and commissions to charities that support children in need, including healthcare, education and social service organizations.
In 2013, CIBC New York welcomed Mark Wahlberg to the trading floor. He helped answer phones and make trades, but most importantly, he helped raise money for kids in need. Our U.S. Miracle Day Committee has selected 12 charities that have programs which benefit children in many of the communities in which CIBC and its employees operate and live. We are pleased to announce our selections below. The funds raised will be allocated equally among all 12 charities.
Talk to your CIBC representative to learn how doing business with CIBC can benefit kids in need.
- Baby Buggy (New York) Provides cribs, strollers, clothes and bottles to families in need
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of NYC Youth mentoring programs
- Boys and Girls Club of Paterson and Passaic Enables all young people to reach their full potential
- Camp Interactive (New York) Empowers inner city youth through the inspiration of the outdoors and the creative power of technology
- Giant Steps School (American Institute for Neuro-Integrative Development, Connecticut) Education, research and advocacy for autism spectrum disorders
- Harlem Childrens Zone (New York) Intervention and educational programs for inner city youth
- HiTOPS (New Jersey) Adolescent health services, education and well-being
- New York Opportunity Network (New York) Networking, mentoring and career skill building for underserved high school students
- Robin Hood Foundation (New York) Its goal is to identify and stop poverty at its roots through early childhood, youth and education programs for inner city youth
- Small Steps Nurturing Center (Texas) Providing exemplary childhood programs for economically at-risk children and their families in inner city Houston
- Solving Kids Cancer (New York) Facilitating the development of therapies to improve survivorship of deadly childhood cancers
- YWCA of the City of New York (New York) Early childhood learning centers and after school programs for underserved elementary and high school students