Offering sustainable banking options
You can help us reduce our paper consumption through a variety of flexible banking options:
Take advantage of paperless banking methods
Your options include pre-authorized bill payments, online transfers, direct deposit programs, eDeposits and telephone, online and mobile banking.
Deposit cheques using CIBC eDeposit™
Take a photo of your cheques with your mobile device to deposit them directly into your account, eliminating the need for a deposit envelope.
Switch to the convenience of eStatements
Access your account history, view and save statements to your computer and more – it’s easy to switch. Learn More: About C I B C, e Statements
Use our CIBC Mobile Banking App
Do your everyday banking from anywhere, anytime, with less paper used as a result.
Make ATM deposits without an envelope
Our latest bank machines let you directly deposit cash and cheques without using an envelope. Deposited items are electronically scanned and verified.
Did you know...
EARTH DAY© and the Leaf & Swirl Design™ are trade-marks of Earth Day Canada, used with the permission of Earth Day Canada.
- 98% of total paper used across the organization was FSC-certified
- In the last five years, CIBC lent $1.6 billion towards $11.5 billion of financing for renewable power projects
- In Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, 100% of our used computer equipment was donated, recycled or upcycled into new products
- CIBC was selected by Corporate Knights as one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada
- Renewed Computer Technology recognized CIBC with their Gold Technology Accelerator Award for our longstanding support as a top program donor
- 60% of our Retail and Business Banking clients are now engaged with CIBC digitally