CIBC Advisors are experienced and accredited investment industry professionals who recognize that advice is only as sound as its source. Your CIBC Advisor will work with you to understand your investment goals, timelines and risk tolerance, and will help you build and maintain an investment portfolio that meets your unique needs.
In addition to expert advice, we also offer the convenience of online access to your accounts, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whenever it's convenient for you.
If you're already a CIBC Imperial Investor Service client and haven't registered for online access, register today to start taking advantage of the many online tools and resources available exclusively to CIBC Imperial Investor Service clients.
Find out how you can:
You can access essential information to effectively manage your investments, keep track of activity in your accounts and stay up-to-date with the latest news from CIBC Imperial Investor Service.
- Total Market Value of your portfolio is displayed along with the market value of each of your CIBC brokerage accounts, if you have more than one
- Customize up to 20 Watch Lists and choose a default Watch List that will be displayed when you log in.
- The Get Stock Quote box makes it easier for you to find the stock symbol you're looking for.
Last Business Day
- The Last Business Day tab gives you a detailed snapshot of your portfolio performance for the previous trading day.
- The arrow next to each security provides you with quick access to trading screens along with relevant market information such as news, charts and research.
- Stock symbols and the market on which they trade are available and provide a quick link to related Quotes and Research.
- The Intraday Changes tab shows changes to your portfolio as the market moves throughout the day.
- Get a quick summary of your account, including cash balance and market value of your portfolio.
- You can see dollar and percentage price changes for securities with intraday prices movements.
- Your can download your holdings to an Excel-compatible file.
- You have the option of sorting your holdings a number of ways, including by currency, price and market value.
- Relevant messages are displayed under the security name to inform you of important information such as stock splits.
- The Portfolio/Book Value tab allows you to see how your portfolio and individual holdings are performing relative to their book value. Some account information is only available in the sub-account view of your portfolio.
- The dollar and percentage Gain/Loss is available for each asset type in your portfolio.
- You can now quickly see how a security is priced relative to its book value.
- The Holdings breakdown pie chart gives you a visual snapshot of your portfolio asset allocation.
- You can download your past transactions to an Excel-compatible file.
- You can sort and filter your transaction history by various fields such as transaction type, symbol and currency.
- Detailed settlement information can be accessed by clicking the expansion button and includes commission, the settlement option and exchange rate if applicable.
With CIBC Imperial Investor Service, you have access to research and analyst reports from industry experts, including Standard & Poor's, CIBC World Markets and Reuters.
You can also:
- Customize up to 20 Watch Lists and choose a default Watch List to be displayed for each session
- Set up customized alerts on everything from mutual fund prices and market changes to new analyst reports, all delivered directly to your inbox.
Use the comprehensive market information, including charts, an at-a-glance view of daily market performance and the latest financial headlines to stay informed of the day's market activity
- Use the Fund Screener tool to find mutual funds that suit your investment needs.
- You can get information about specific funds with our fund profiles, complete with charts, performance history and a portfolio overview.
Whether you choose to invest in stocks, mutual funds, guaranteed investment certificates (GICs) or bonds, trading online is easy.
Mutual Fund Trading
- You can purchase a wide variety of CIBC and third party funds.
- To buy more of an existing holding, simply use the drop-down list.
- You have the option of having your distributions paid out or re-invested.
- You can save your trading password for the duration of the session so you donít have to re-enter the password to make multiple trades.
- You can see the estimated cost of your trade.
Equity Trading (Step 1)
- Your current account balance and a real-time quote are immediately accessible on the Stock Order Entry page.
- When you place a sell order, you can choose from a list of holdings in your account. Once you select a stock, youíll immediately see how many shares you currently hold.
- Fund your trades either from your CIBC bank account or directly from your brokerage account.
Equity Trading (Step 2)
- Save your trading password for the duration of the session so you donít have to re-enter the password to make multiple trades.
- See the estimated cost of your trade including commission.
Regular Investment Plans
If you wish to set up a recurring fund purchase or sale, the Regular Investment Plan will allow you to customize the frequency of payments, amounts purchased/sold, start and end dates and the short term suspension of the plan.
In the User Preference section of CIBC Imperial Investor Service, you can make changes to your account settings and preferences, including your sign on password and Personal Verification Questions. We also offer a variety of tools, resources, and features designed to complement the services provided by your Advisor.
Associate Bank Accounts
Associate your CIBC Online Banking account with your CIBC Imperial Investor Service account to view and manage both accounts with one username and one password. Once set up, you can switch seamlessly between the CIBC banking and CIBC Imperial Investor Service sites during the same online session.
Select Relate Brokerage Accounts to associate multiple CIBC brokerage accounts so that you can view and manage all of your accounts without having to sign on to multiple websites.
Access all your electronic documents, including account statements, trade confirmations and tax documents, in one convenient location.
You can view, download and print your annual tax package and tax slips, including the CIBC Imperial Investor Service Client Tax Brochure.
You can transfer cash to and from a number of CIBC Imperial Investor Service accounts and your bank account, at your convenience.
Please contact us at 1 800-661-7494 to learn more about these additional features.
Learn more about CIBC Imperial Investor Service
CIBC Imperial Investor Service is more than just an investment accountóit provides you with the right combination of informed advice from a dedicated CIBC Advisor and the flexibility to manage your account online. Learn more about the advantages of investing with CIBC Imperial Investor Service.
CIBC Imperial Investor Service is a division of CIBC Investor Services Inc., a subsidiary of CIBC, Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and Member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada.
The information contained on this website is considered accurate at the time of posting. CIBC and CIBC Investor Services Inc. reserve the right to change any of it without prior notice.