CIBC Asset Management Inc. Web Site Terms
- Use of this Web site. This Web site is owned and operated by CIBC Asset Management Inc. ("Site Owner") for your personal non-commercial use and information. Use of this Web site is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this Web site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms. If you do not agree with any of the terms, please do not use this Web site. You are responsible to ensure that your access to this Web site and material available on or through it are legal in each jurisdiction in or through which you access or view the site or such material.
- Copyrighted Material. Material on this Web site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted or retransmitted, communicated to the public by telecommunication, distributed or modified in whole or in part, whether in text, graphical, audio, video or executable form, except with written permission of Site Owner. If you require further information on a permitted use or license to use the material contained in this Web site, please address your inquiry to Institutional Communication Group, CIBC Asset Management Inc., 18 York Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2T8.
- Trademarks. Trademarks and logos (including certain names, words, titles, phrases, designs, graphics and icons) (collectively, "Marks") displayed on this Web site are registered or unregistered Marks of Site Owner or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without written permission of the owner of such Marks. If you require further information on a permitted use or license to use the Marks contained in this Web site, please address your inquiry to Institutional Communication Group, CIBC Asset Management Inc., 18 York Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2T8.
- Facts and data posted. Facts and data provided by Site Owner and other sources are believed to be reliable when posted and are for information purposes only. You acknowledge that, while Site Owner takes all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of facts and data posted on this website, you cannot hold the Site Owner responsible for inaccuracies or incompleteness of information that results from factors beyond its control. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, while Site Owner believes that third party sources of facts and data are reliable and that the information they supply is worthy of inclusion on this Web site, you acknowledge that Site Owner does not independently verify the accuracy or completeness of facts and data provided by third party suppliers. Information on this Web site is provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and is not intended to provide specific technical, financial, tax, legal, business, accounting or other advice for your individual circumstances. You should consult your own professional advisors to determine how any information provided on this Web site applies to your individual circumstances. Site Owner and its licensors are not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages whatsoever caused and/or arising out of the use of this Web site.
- Exclusion of Warranties. Site Owner makes no representation or warranty regarding the functionality or condition of this Web site, its suitability for use, or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free. All material on this Web site is provided to you "as is" without warranties of any kind. Site Owner and its licensors disclaim all warranties or conditions, written or oral, statutory, expressed or implied, including without limitation, warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Such exclusions are in addition to any specific exclusion otherwise provided in these terms and conditions. To the extent that the jurisdiction to which you are subject does not allow exclusion of certain warranties, such exclusions that are not permitted do not apply.
- Limitation of Liability. Neither Site Owner nor its licensors will be liable for any damages, either direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential, for use of or inability to use material, products, or services of any kind, delay of or partial delivery, termination of rights or loss of profits, data, business or goodwill, whether on a contractual or non-contractual basis, or liable to provide indemnification or any other remedy to you or any third party. Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using and accessing this Web site.
- Ownership and Confidentiality. Material on this Web site, including but not limited to text, images, illustrations, software, audio and video clips, is owned or otherwise provided by Site Owner, and Site Owner does not represent or warrant that such material does not infringe the rights of any other person or entity. You acknowledge that information or material which you provide electronically through your access to or usage of this Web site is not confidential or proprietary, except as may be required under applicable law, and acknowledge that unprotected e-mail communication over the Internet is subject to possible interception, alteration or loss. You also warrant that any information or materials which you provide to Site Owner electronically through your access to or usage of this Web site does not infringe the rights of any person or entity, and acknowledge that such information and materials may be used in whole or in part in any manner by Site Owner including, but not limited to, reproduction, retransmission, publication of such information, material or ideas, concepts or other know-how contained therein for the commercial purposes of Site Owner or disclosure of your identity.
- Monitoring. Site Owner may monitor access to and other activities relating to the site, and intervene in relation thereto but does not make any representation or warranty that it will do so. You consent to any such monitoring and intervention in the event Site Owner elects to do so.
- Links. Links and references to other Web sites are provided to you as a convenience only. Site Owner has not reviewed and does not expressly or implicitly endorse other Web sites or any information or material, or the accessibility thereof, via such links, and does not assume any responsibility for any such other Web sites, information or material posted thereon, or products or services offered thereon. You may not create links from other Web sites to this Web site, except if expressly permitted by Site Owner. (To obtain permission, contact Institutional Communication Group, CIBC Asset Management Inc., 18 York Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2T8.)
- Software. Any software available through this Web site is provided by Site Owner or by third party software vendors pursuant to license agreements or other arrangements between such vendors and end-users. Site Owner does not sell, resell, license or sub-license any such software and Site Owner disclaims any responsibility or liability related to the software. Any questions, complaints or claims related to the software should be directed to the appropriate vendor. You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with any of the software downloaded through this Web site. In the event of any express inconsistency between these terms and those contained in any license agreement with a software vendor, the terms contained in the license agreement shall prevail.
- Viruses, etc. Site Owner does not represent or warrant that the information or materials, including without limitation any downloadable software accessed from or through this Web site, will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected.
- Damages to Others. You agree not to introduce into or through this Web site any information or materials which may be harmful to others. Among other things, you agree not to include, knowingly or otherwise, any error or defect in material or information which may be, among other things, libel, slander, defamation or obscenity, or promote hatred or otherwise give rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity.
- Reserve of Rights. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Site Owner. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual right of Site Owner or any other person or entity.
- Governing Law. This site is controlled and operated by Site Owner from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and these terms shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms
- Changes to Terms. Site Owner may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this Web site from time to time without notice, and you agree to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the time at which you access the Site Owner’s Web site.
- Jurisdiction. This Web site is controlled and operated by Site Owner from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Site Owner makes no representation that materials on the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Web site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- General Disclaimer. This communication does not constitute an offer or solicitation to anyone in any jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation is not lawful. Please be aware of the laws of your country or that otherwise apply to you in relation to any of the matters described in this agreement. If you choose to access this Web site, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local, national or international laws.
Privacy & Confidentiality
- Security. Access to your Portfolio Information is secured by sophisticated Internet security protocol, provided that your web browser supports at least 128-bit encryption. Microsoft Internet Explorer® version 8 and higher running on Windows 7 operating system and higher supports this feature. The browser usually has a feature to inform you when you are entering a secure environment. Other operating systems and browsers - Chrome, Firefox and Safari - will allow access as well.
- Risk Related to Internet. Although every effort is taken to ensure that no one else will see or obtain your personal data, complete confidentiality and security is not yet guaranteed over the Internet. Internet use and communication is subject to interception, loss and alteration. You acknowledge and agree that CIBC Asset Management Inc. shall not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet, and that any and all communications will be at your own risk.